For our family members and friends not able to join us at Dance The World or the World Dance Competition in Walt Disney World, you can watch the parades in the comfort of your own home! We will be live streaming the following parades on Facebook Live so you can sing, dance, clap your hands, and stomp your feet along with the performers! Don’t forget to follow and like us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for all Dance The World and World Dance Competition updates and videos.
What is your favorite reason to travel? Maybe it’s meeting new people and exploring new places, or maybe it’s getting out of your comfort zone and discovering new possibilities. Traveling provides a sense of understanding and respect of many different cultures. It also opens a door to new experiences, thoughts, and opportunities. Traveling is important not just to get out of your comfort zone, but to learn and grow. These are just a few reasons why travel is beneficial to students of all ages. Check out our top reasons why student travel is important in the world today.
- Leave a copy of your itinerary with a friend
- If you are traveling somewhere new, leave a copy of your itinerary with a family member or friend. If you are traveling with a school group, the teacher/advisor can make a copy of the itinerary and give it to a colleague or principal. This way, they can track your whereabouts and get in touch with you if necessary.
- Travel insurance
- We highly recommend purchasing travel insurance for your trip. If there are any hiccups that can interfere with your trip such as bad weather on travel days, family emergencies, or changes in plans, travel insurance can have you covered. Please visit travelguard.com/wcv for more information about travel insurance!
3. Understand flight regulations
- It is important to understand the rules and regulations of the airline you are flying. While some airlines do not charge for a bag, some airlines charge per bag or charge you for a carry-on. All airlines have baggage regulations listed online, as well as what you can/cannot pack. Only pack what you absolutely need on your trip, and leave some space to return home with souvenirs. This will prevent you from having to worry about the weight of your bags.
4. Research your destination & share your knowledge
- Know before you go! Take time to research your destination to learn about hot spots or must-see attractions. If there is a person in your group who has traveled to that location before, take his or her advice into account. Share ideas and talk it out! You could learn something very useful about your destination city.
5. Pack a little extra!
- Have you ever ran out of something important on a trip or break your only pair of glasses? When you are jetting off to your destination, make sure you pack a few more of your essential items. Having to fill a prescription on vacation can take some time away from your trip. It is also a good idea to pack medication and a change of clothes in your carry-on in case your luggage does not get to you in time.
6. Have a general meeting location
- Rather than running around a busy theme park or having some people go back to the hotel without the rest of the group, arrange a general meeting spot where you can meet your entire group. This way, everyone can travel to and from one place to another altogether. This can also be used as a location in case your group splits up.
7. Set a spending budget
- Last but certainly not least, set a spending budget for yourself or for your family. Going to a new place can be fun and exciting, and you will want to purchase many souvenirs to remember your trip. To prevent yourself from going overboard, set and personalize your budget, and track your spending. This can help you become a savvy traveler in the future as well!
It is no surprise that Walt Disney World is high on the list for one of the most visited vacation destinations. Whether you’re gearing up for a family vacation or traveling with your school for Cook Around The World, Dance The World, or a senior class trip, it is important to know the facts in order to get prepared for your trip. Walt Disney World is one of the most exciting and also one of the most exhausting places to go. Because there is so much to do in so little time, we have created a list of things you should know when you travel to the most magical place on earth. Here are some Walt Disney World do’s and don’ts from the experts!
"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof!" Who's ready to perform at the most magical place on earth?! The Dance The World staff has been working diligently to put together an event that is "magical" in each and every way! Now that 2016 has officially arrived, attendees of Dance The World 2016 might have a few questions regarding details about the event as well as questions about their Walt Disney World vacation! The Dance The World staff is here to help with whatever questions you may have, and here are just a few questions and answers that might help you out!
One of the most common questions that go along with a school trip usually revolves around fundraising. You might be a little overwhelmed with all of the planning that needs to get done, and you might be wondering how your students can raise money so that everyone will be able to attend. Fundraising is a great way to get students pumped up for their trip, and it can also serve as a team bonding experience. World Class Vacations has put together a few ideas for fundraising success, and we’d also like to point out our own fundraising programs to help our events such as Cook Around The World and Dance The World!
When thinking of attending Dance The World, there is usually a common thought running through every studio director's mind - "How will I give all of my students the opportunity to come on this trip?". Fundraising is usually the answer. It is a fun way to raise money and create memorable, team building moments along the way! With the overwhelming task of planning and executing fundraisers, we wanted to share a success story of SweetE's Dance, a small dance studio from Quitman, Georgia traveling with us to Dance The World 2015!