Chef Fabio Viviani has possessed a passion for food since his childhood growing up in Florence, Italy. At age 11, Viviani worked nights at a local bakery (since he was too young to officially join the staff) and during his teenage years, held several positions in the restaurant industry, even serving under the mentorship of Simone Mugnaini, an iconic figure in the Italian restaurant industry.
Due to the popularity of our April Celebrity Weekend, the Cook Around The World team is bringing something new to the table for May! It gives us great pleasure to announce that Chef Fabio Viviani will join the Cook Around The World team during our May 12-15, 2017 weekend at the Walt Disney World Resort! During the event, Chef Fabio Viviani will be joining our panel of judges at the Hands-On Culinary Improv, and he will speak at the Career Forum and the Gala Dinner Celebration.
What is your favorite reason to travel? Maybe it’s meeting new people and exploring new places, or maybe it’s getting out of your comfort zone and discovering new possibilities. Traveling provides a sense of understanding and respect of many different cultures. It also opens a door to new experiences, thoughts, and opportunities. Traveling is important not just to get out of your comfort zone, but to learn and grow. These are just a few reasons why travel is beneficial to students of all ages. Check out our top reasons why student travel is important in the world today.
Cook Around The World is pleased to announce our 2017 Celebrity for our April 21-24 event at the Walt Disney World Resort.
Spooky decorations, the changing of the leaves, pumpkin flavored everything….It must be autumn! With fall right around the corner, you might be thinking of some fun activities to take advantage of during these cooler months. If you’re looking to exchange the pumpkin carving and corn mazes for something a tad scarier, check out these fun ghost tours that are sure to give you goosebumps!
- Leave a copy of your itinerary with a friend
- If you are traveling somewhere new, leave a copy of your itinerary with a family member or friend. If you are traveling with a school group, the teacher/advisor can make a copy of the itinerary and give it to a colleague or principal. This way, they can track your whereabouts and get in touch with you if necessary.
- Travel insurance
- We highly recommend purchasing travel insurance for your trip. If there are any hiccups that can interfere with your trip such as bad weather on travel days, family emergencies, or changes in plans, travel insurance can have you covered. Please visit travelguard.com/wcv for more information about travel insurance!
3. Understand flight regulations
- It is important to understand the rules and regulations of the airline you are flying. While some airlines do not charge for a bag, some airlines charge per bag or charge you for a carry-on. All airlines have baggage regulations listed online, as well as what you can/cannot pack. Only pack what you absolutely need on your trip, and leave some space to return home with souvenirs. This will prevent you from having to worry about the weight of your bags.
4. Research your destination & share your knowledge
- Know before you go! Take time to research your destination to learn about hot spots or must-see attractions. If there is a person in your group who has traveled to that location before, take his or her advice into account. Share ideas and talk it out! You could learn something very useful about your destination city.
5. Pack a little extra!
- Have you ever ran out of something important on a trip or break your only pair of glasses? When you are jetting off to your destination, make sure you pack a few more of your essential items. Having to fill a prescription on vacation can take some time away from your trip. It is also a good idea to pack medication and a change of clothes in your carry-on in case your luggage does not get to you in time.
6. Have a general meeting location
- Rather than running around a busy theme park or having some people go back to the hotel without the rest of the group, arrange a general meeting spot where you can meet your entire group. This way, everyone can travel to and from one place to another altogether. This can also be used as a location in case your group splits up.
7. Set a spending budget
- Last but certainly not least, set a spending budget for yourself or for your family. Going to a new place can be fun and exciting, and you will want to purchase many souvenirs to remember your trip. To prevent yourself from going overboard, set and personalize your budget, and track your spending. This can help you become a savvy traveler in the future as well!
Get ready for a brand-new Cook Around The World experience ALL at the Walt Disney World Resort! During the dates of April 21-24 and May 12-15 in 2017, high school students and their teachers will have the opportunity to create their own dishes during Disney’s Hands-On Culinary Improv Competition! Not only will students get to decide what they make, but each group gets to enjoy their dishes following the event! Read below to find out more details about this sizzling experience!
When you think of vacations, most people think of beaches, the ocean, or even Walt Disney World. Even though these are all great vacation destinations, there are many hidden gems around every corner. If you want to explore an area with a huge art influence and a touch of history with the added bonus of numerous attractions, Williamsburg, Virginia is the place for you! We have created a top list of things to do in Williamsburg that many of our high school groups take advantage of. This year, we had eight groups travel to Williamsburg, VA to explore this area that is filled with activities, shopping, and dining!
From all of us at the Dance The World office, we would like to congratulate all of our directors, families, teachers, and performers, on a job well done this year at Dance The World! We loved getting to meet everyone during all three weeks of the event! It is YOU who make this event so special year after year, and we appreciate all of your hard work!
Have you ever dreamed of dancing at the Walt Disney World Resort? Here at the Dance The World office, we are all about making dreams come true. Imagine dancing down Main Street, USA in the Magic Kingdom or performing for thousands at Walt Disney World’s Epcot Park all while making this your ultimate family vacation! Find out how you can attend this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and experience a little Disney magic!